Full Throttle 4x4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working on the Eagle A LOT this weekend!

3 posters

Go down

Working on the Eagle A LOT this weekend! Empty Working on the Eagle A LOT this weekend!

Post  GOLDEN7 Wed 24 Jun - 8:33

Ok so if anyone would like to lend a hand on the Eagle this weekend, I'll be there all day Friday (except in the evening when I go to DND to help finish my cage) but I will be back that night. All day Saturday and all day Sunday. Stop by the shop anytime, but please call or text first so you don't scare the crap out of me when you show up.

What needs to be done before the Jeep Show ...

-Cotter pins for TRE's on the Hi-steer
-Vent tube for front axle
-New front brake pads
-Rear brake lines (on axle)
-Rear shoes
-Rear drums
-Rear wheel spacers
-New windshield installed
-Mount winch
-Spool new winch line
-Drill out shackle mounts for 3/4" D-rings
-Wire up passenger side tail light and reverse light
-Hide wiring for rear of the Jeep
-Tighten steering box fittings
-Cut off excess u-bolts
-Cage additions
-Install cage/seats
-Install parts from newer model CJ for engine harness
-Finish wiring for the wiring harness
-Splice in old column connector for wiring harness
-Install rocker guards
-Check/fill all fluids
-Mount CB
-Bolt on steering wheel
-Mount license plate
-Mount VIN plate

I have all of the parts needed to do all of this. Just dont have enough hands to do it all. I have this weekend and the weekend before the Jeep show to wrap things up. Thats it!

Brad already said he'd help Friday night and Sunday. Any others willing?

I buy food/drinks!

My plan is to have most of it done this weekend (hopefully have it running) so that the little stuff can be accomplished next time.
GOLDEN7
GOLDEN7
Admin

Back to top Go down

Working on the Eagle A LOT this weekend! Empty Re: Working on the Eagle A LOT this weekend!

Post  matts88yj Wed 24 Jun - 22:38

I will be up shooting WERock this weekend and I'm house and dog sitting for two weeks. Then on July 11th I'm shooting the rock race in Jersey. Then the following weekend is the damn show. I would help you but I need to get my junk running first. Mad
matts88yj
matts88yj
37's

Back to top Go down

Working on the Eagle A LOT this weekend! Empty Re: Working on the Eagle A LOT this weekend!

Post  cmxjwj Thu 25 Jun - 1:51

i can donate some time saturday during the day gotta leave by 3 though, gotta work sat night
cmxjwj
cmxjwj
35's

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1585666076&ref=

Back to top Go down

Post  GOLDEN7 Thu 25 Jun - 7:06

I'll be there clint! come on down!
GOLDEN7
GOLDEN7
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GOLDEN7 Sat 27 Jun - 9:55

Alright, Just an update ... Brad and I had a late night (again) at the shop. Big thanks to him! He's always willing to stay crazy late to lend a hand for the last couple of months. Definatley helps a lot! Left the shop around 1:00. We did manage to get all of the little stuff done. The updated list is below, except we did the exhaust too. So basicly it comes down to the cage and the wiring harness. Mike said I'll be getting the cage sometime next week and Joel will be down today to work on the harness and put the new windshield in. JT is going to hopefully get the plug I need for my passenger side LED from work. And then we'll put it back on the ground and fill it up will all new fluids. Hopefully it'll move Laughing

-New front brake pads
-Rear shoes
-Rear drums
-Rear wheel spacers

-Mount winch
-Spool new winch line

-Cut off excess u-bolts

-Cage additions
-Install cage/seats
-Install rocker guards
-Check/fill all fluids
-Mount CB
-Bolt on steering wheel
-Mount license plate
-Mount VIN plate
GOLDEN7
GOLDEN7
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GOLDEN7 Mon 29 Jun - 7:41

-New front brake pads
-Rear shoes
-Rear drums
-Rear wheel spacers

-Mount winch
-Spool new winch line

-Cut off excess u-bolts

-Cage additions
-Install cage/seats
-Install rocker guards
-Check/fill all fluids
-Mount CB
-Bolt on steering wheel
-Mount license plate
-Mount VIN plate

Well I didn't get much more work done on the Jeep after the other night. I did tuck up the wiring in the rear and I started to make a trough for where the cage goes through the tranny hump. Just need to cut it out and weld it in. Already bent it and everything. I did measure up and draw on CAD the rocker guards for it. Already sent them to Mike and hopefully the cutter gets an opening to do these. They will be beef! Just like the TJ guards! There is 10" of protection underneath and 6" on the panel itself. That's a lot of 1/4" to scrape up!!

The wiring harness is still at a stand still. Joel didn't make it up all weekend and I didn't hear from him yesterday at all.

I'm losing hope faster and faster every day. I've got one full weekend yet before the show to get the harness figured out, tail light wired, brake lines run on rear axle (and all brakes bled), AtoZ frame tie-ins cut off, cage additions made, cage put in, windshield replaced, etc. etc.

It's not looking good at all. I'm thinking I should just stop killing myself and everyone else and just shoot for next years show.

Anyone want a Golden Eagle?
GOLDEN7
GOLDEN7
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down